Baltimore County Waste Drop Off

Baltimore County has three waste drop off centers throughout the county where County residents can take residential trash and recyclables.

Baltimore County residents (with proof of residence) may dispose of trash at County drop-off facilities, with no charge. However, some situations could result in a disposal charge that must be obtained in advance.

The Eastern Sanitary Landfill Solid Waste Management Facility

ESL is located at 6259 Days Cove Road in White Marsh. It is located off of the 11400 block of Pulaski Highway, one block east of Allender Road. The hours are Monday to Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The phone number is 410-887-2000.

Directions from Harford Road:

Take I-695 to Exit 31C, the White Marsh Boulevard exit MD 43
Take Route 43 to the Pulaski Highway (Route 40) east exit
Motorists should drive under three miles on Pulaski Highway to Days Cove Road and turn right at the traffic light
Main gate is one mile on right

Central Acceptance Facility
CAF is located at 201 West Warren Road in Cockeysville.
The hours are Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The phone number is 410-887-2000
Entrance to the facility is on Drop Off Drive, off of Warren Road, one-quarter mile west of York Road and one-quarter mile east of Beaver Dam Road.

The Western Acceptance Facility—
WAF is located at 3310 Transway Road in Halethorpe

Motorists should drive to the end of Transway Road, off the 4500 block of Hollins Ferry Road. It is exit 9 off I-695.
The hours are Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The phone number is 410-887-2000.

For more information about the locations, please visit the Baltimore County website.

According to the county website, a resident must obtain a refuse disposal authorization in advance. If an authorization is not obtained, the resident will be charged a prorated fee of $100 per ton of material:

* A resident wishes to use a vehicle other than a car, van or “standard” pick-up (pick-up bed of four by eight feet or less).
* A resident wishes to deliver waste which could be construed to be commercial, whether from a business establishment or from “odd-jobbing” or “handyman” operations.
* A resident has a relative or friend who will be hauling the waste on behalf of the resident and at no cost to the resident.
* A resident wishes to deliver more than two loads in any size vehicle within a week, or more than six loads in a calendar year.
* A resident wishes to deliver an item that is “Restricted Waste” (for example, non-metallic boats or campers).
* A resident wishes to use a commercially marked vehicle. Please note that a disposal authorization is not automatically needed if a resident uses a pick-up sized or style truck rented from U-Haul or a hardware store (these are the only exceptions); however, other conditions that require a refuse disposal authorization (such as number of loads or type of material) still apply.