Six Baltimore County Public Schools high school seniors have been selected to serve as 2021 Maryland General Assembly student pages, including students from Patapsco High School & Center for the Arts, Easten Tech and Perry Hall high schools.
According to the Maryland General Assembly website, the 2021 Virtual Page Program has been “re-imagined” to provide the 2021 participants an opportunity to better understand and experience the legislative process and have virtual access to legislators and their staffs. The selected pages will serve two nonconsecutive weeks during the 13 weeks of session and will receive a stipend for each day of participation.
The BCPS students who will participate are:
● Meghna Chandrasekaran, Western School of Technology and Environmental Science
● Dakota Finiff, Patapsco High School & Center for the Arts
● Vinay Khosla, Dulaney High School
● Noah Rich, Towson High School
● Ariel Smith, Eastern Technical High School
● Roshan Subedi, Perry Hall High School
Pages will experience daily legislative sessions, discussions about the law-making processes, presentations by legislators and legislative staff, committee hearings, and the review and tracking of legislation. Pages will also have virtual access to each other for student-to-student activities and discussions.