The Dundalk Heritage Fair Association released an official statement in May that the Heritage Fair & Fireworks will be canceled this year as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Heritage Association added that the Parade Committee was exploring other options to possibly conduct the parade.
This week the Dundalk Parade Committee announced the Dundalk Optimist is hosting a caravan ran by Will Feuer and others to continue the 86-year history of 4th of July parade in Dundalk. The committee added that caravan will be a fifth of the size of the traditional parade and without the bands.
“We still can still enjoy the little things and celebrate our Independence Day together! Please, follow all of the laws while watching the caravan and do not enter roadways without checking both ways. Please also follow Covid-19 state regulations, wearing a mask and keeping your distance,” said a statement by Michael Mioduszewski, one of the parade organizers.
“The Parade Committee wishes you and your family a safe and wonderful 4th of July. Please visit next year when the parade committee goes back to putting on the biggest and best parade ever. Feel free to send us any pictures you have from Dundalk parades throughout the years so we can share the memories. Send pictures or any info to DundalkParade@gmail.com”
The parade usually takes place in the Old Dundalk area. With no walkers and all vehicles, the parade route will end in Old Dundalk but will start in the center of Dundalk at 9:30 a.m. and will include streets such as Merritt Boulevard, German Hill Road, Wise Avenue, Holabird Avenue and many other streets.
Beginning on Wise Avenue the route will cross over Merritt Boulevard and continue on Holabird Avenue,
making a right on Delvale Avenue to German Hill Road, turning right on German Hill Road to Merritt Boulevard, turning right on Merritt Boulevard to Sollers Point Road, turning left on Sollers Point Road to the traffic circle in Watersedge, taking the circle exit to Dundalk Avenue, turning right on Belclare Road to Liberty Parkway, turning left on Liberty Parkway to Dunglow, veering left at Dunglow Road to Dunmanway, turning right on Dunmanway to Trading Place, turning left on Trading Place to Shipway, turning right to Shipway to end in front of Dundalk Elementary School.
Here is the 2020 DUNDALK CARAVAN LINE UP provided by www.dundalkparade.com
* Lead fire truck with 2020 Grand Marshall Michael Andy, driven by “Purkey”
* Aaron Lewis Military flag truck
* American Legion Post 38 Honor Guard (joining procession at Belclare Road)
* Relay for Life bicycle driven by Michael Lepock (joining procession at Belclare Road)
* Dennis McCartney McShane Bell and Joe Falbo memorial
* Miller Brothers 1926 Model T Ford Truck escorting Marlene Miller Rydzewski
* Catonsville Parade Committee members
* Mr. Tom, Chair of the Mayor’s Christmas Parade and Ms. Sharen Kerr
* Ms. Irene Spatafore and Angels Supporting Our Troops
* Schweigman 1951 Ward LaFrance Pumper Fire truck
* United Rentals.com
* Greater Dundalk Chamber of Commerce
* Calvary Baptist Church
* Maryland State Police
* Dundalk Renaissance Corporation
* Clean Bread and Cheese Creek
* 9/11 Rolling Memorial by Charles Ritz
* Victoria Bechtel Purple Jeep with Lady Liberty
* Baltimore Blast Cheerleaders escorted by Seahorse Inn Humvees (2 Humvees)
* Dundalk Patapsco Neck Historical Society and Museum, with Joe and Suzanne Stadler and Shirley Gregory
* John Melzer and Shaun the Sheep, Cleaning up Dundalk
* Chick-fil-A Eastpoint
* Can Am Spyder driven by Tina Weber
* New Light Lutheran Church
* Baltimore Hon Hive, escorted by Don Kight
* American Eagle escorted by Will and Stacey Kelly
* Vulcan Materials Company
* Maryland Waterways Foundation
* Baltimore Batman and the Batmobile
* James Shirk, Parade Committee (Support vehicle)
* Walmart Dundalk
* Orioles Car driven by Gregory Hudnet
* Brendas of Canton
* Bill’s Music
* U-Haul Company of Baltimore
* Grace Construction Triple Axle Dump truck
* Back River Restoration Committee
* Santa Brian Marchetti and Mrs. Wendy Claus
* Bubble blowing and flame shooting Fire truck