Eastern Tech Evacuated Tuesday Morning

malfunctioning natural gas line reported at school

– photo courtesy of Baltimore County Fire Department-

Baltimore County crews were on the scene at Eastern Tech High School at 1100 Mace Avenue in Essex on Tuesday morning.

Crews were investigating odor of natural gas inside of the school on Oct, 19 at 9:25 a.m. School was evacuated at that time.

BGE was called to the scene to investigate a malfunctioning natural gas line.

Gas leak was listed secured and building deemed safe around 10:04 a.m.. Staff and students reentered the school at that time.

Fire crews have cleared the scene. No injuries reported.