Lighting Causes Parkville Apartment Fire

-photo courtesy of Providence Volunteer Fire Company of Towson Maryland Facebook page-

Baltimore County Emergency Crews had a busy day as a result of the strong storms in the area on Saturday, July 7.

Baltimore County Fire Department reported a two alarm condo fire in the 2200 block of Lowells Glen Road in Parkville.

The fire was reported through the roof. Crews evacuated tenants and pets. Everyone got out safely. No injuries were reported. The fire started before 3 p.m.

Investigators have confirmed this fire began with a lightning strike.