BCPS Superintendent Dr. Darryl L. Williams and Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski, members of the Board of Education of Baltimore County and elected officials from the state and county gathered in Dundalk for a ribbon cutting of the new Colgate Elementary School building at 7735 Gough St.
A new replacement school was constructed at the site of the existing Colgate Elementary School, which was originally built in 1924.
The $46 million replacement school preserves the history and location of the original school but nearly doubles the learning space through a modern, state-of-the-art multi-story design. Featuring a “green” rooftop classroom garden and a technology-rich media center, the 530-seat school is designed for 21st century learning even as it honors the community and traditions that have nurtured generations of children.
The old school building was demolished and construction for the new school started in 2019.
Colgate students were sent to the Rosedale Center for two years and construction was completed.
The Dundalk community celebrated its second new school in the community within the last three weeks as Berkshire held a ribbon cutting on Oct. 20.