-photo courtesy of North Point Edgemere Volunteer Fire Department-
The North Point Edgemere Volunteer Fire Company reported fire crews responded to a garage fire in Edgemere on Thursday, Oct. 14 around 4 p.m.
Units arrived to the scene in the 7300 block of Waldman Avenue to find a two- car garage fully involved.
There was no reported injuries.
–photo courtesy of Providence Volunteer Fire Company of Towson-
The Baltimore County Fire Department was on the scene of a fire in the 2100 block of Joppa Road in Parkville.
Heavy smoke was seen from the building around 8:37 a.m. on Sunday, Oct.10.
It was reported by the Baltimore County Volunteer Fireman’s Association that the McDonald’s was the building on fire.
The fire was contained around 9 a.m. and there were no reports of injury.
-photo courtesy of Baltimore County Volunteer Firefighters Association-
Crews are on scene of 2nd alarm building fire in the 7300 block of Philadelphia Road in Rosedale around 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 6.
Heavy fire conditions has been reported at the zcene. There are no reports of any injuries at this time.
The White Marsh Volunteer Fire Company were on scene of a vehicle fire in front of the Double T Diner at the intersection of Pulaski Highway and Ebenezer Road in White Marsh.
The fire was reported on Wednesday, Oct. 6 around 2:15 p.m.
There are no further details.
There has been a report of a HAZMAT spill at the Back River Wastewater Treatment Plant in the 8200 block of Eastern Boulevard on Monday, Sept. 27 after 6 p.m.
According to reports, there was chemical sodium bisulfate leak and an overwhelming odor at the site.
There are also reports that crews can’t get the value to shut off.
There are no other details at this time.
The woman who suffered critical injuries in the Edgemere Apartment fire at St. Luke’s has died as a result of those injuries.
The victim is Darnell Louise Hall, 64. She was a resident of St. Luke’s Place, where the fire occurred.
The fire started in the apartments on Monday, Sept. 20.
Baltimore County officials reported that a 65-year-old woman is expected to survive critical injuries suffered yesterday in a fire at an Edgemere senior living complex.
Three other patients suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the fire at St. Luke’s Place, 2800 block of Lodge Farm Road in Edgemere.
Residents from nine apartment units were displaced.
Baltimore County Police fire investigators have determined that the fire was accidental. The fire began when the victim — the patient who suffered critical injuries — had been smoking on the sofa while using oxygen.
A fire ignited and trailed along the oxygen tubing, burning the patient and igniting the couch where she was sitting.
Medical oxygen is enriched, leading to a greatly increased fire hazard because oxygen makes fires burn hotter and spread faster.
Smoking should not occur in homes with patients on medical oxygen.
The St. Luke’s Place fire was dispatched at 10:25 a.m. for a report of a fire alarm.
Fire crews found the victim on the fourth floor of the complex, in critical condition.
She was treated by EMS personnel, who transported her to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
The complex’s sprinkler system quickly extinguished the fire.
A senior apartment was reported in Edgemere on Wednesday morning, Sept. 15.
Baltimore County fire crews were on the scene with a fire on the 4th floor of a senior living apartment near St. Luke’s church in the 2800 block of Lodge Farm Road around 10:30 a.m.
Fire was reported on 4th floor in a kitchen area.
Fire sprinklers have controlled the fire.
There are reports of multiple occupants with injuries as one victim went into cardiac arrest.
Crews later reported that the fire was started when a resident had been smoking on the sofa while using oxygen.
-photo courtesy of North Point Edgemere Volunteer Fire Company-
Baltimore County Volunteer Firefighters Association reported a HAZMAT fire in Dundalk.
It has caused quite a show in the sky as fire & hazmat crews were on scene of a large pile of magnesium burning outside of a building in the 2300 block of Grays Road off of Wise Avenue at 8:04 p.m.
It has been reported on social media that the fire is causing a light show in the Dundalk area on Wednesday night.
No injuries reported at this time.
Kingsville Volunteer Fire Company reported an apartment Fire in the 7900 Block of Marfield Place in Fullerton.
Units were scene have heavy smoke inside on Wednesday before 7 p.m
It was reported that “one victim” was removed from the building. There is no further information at this time